It won’t be long before the weather starts heating up once more and with that comes an even greater chance for loved up couples to get out and enjoy the many romantic things to do in Leicester.
There’s certainly plenty of love in the air with many of our Leicester taxi customers taking the chance to travel in style and book a taxi when they’re off on a date night or somewhere special.
Because we get to see some of the best places that people are heading to for a romantic date, we thought we’d show you a list of a few of our favourites, to help you out when you’re on the hunt for something romantic to do in Leicester with your loved one.
Check out some of Leicester’s latest bars!
Last month we featured an article about some of the excellent new Leicester bars that have opened up to add to the amazing restaurant and nightlife experiences that there are in this fine city.
It’s a classic choice to head out for a tasty meal or a few cocktails when you’re on a romantic date, so take your time and choose some of the best that Leicester has to offer, because one thing’s for sure – there’s something for every taste and bucket loads of fun to be had!
Other great stuff to do in Leicester
Leicester is a thriving hub of culture, arts and entertainment and not only that, it comes with a long and incredibly interesting historical past. This makes our county an excellent place to do something romantic in, whether you’re on a first date, or are just taking the time to enjoy the company of a loved one.
Whether you’re mad on art, history, the natural world, sports, science, or anything else for that matter, here is a list of great things to see and do in Leicester:
- Go for a curry – we are proud to boast some of the UK’s finest curry houses.
- Leicester races – it’s an exciting day out at Leicester Racecourse, without the need to journey to Goodwood or Cheltenham.
- Leicester Uni Botanic Garden – feel tranquil as you wander round the herb garden, woodland and herbaceous borders, rock gardens, tropical plants and water garden.
- Check out the dinosaurs at the New Walk Museum.
- Head to Twycross Zoo – for the amazing chimpanzees and other primates.
- Go to the theatre/ see a film – choose from the acclaimed Curve, Phoenix Cinema and Art Centre or Little Theatre.
- Visit Richard III’s tomb at Leicester Cathedral.
- Watch the Leicester Tigers or Leicester City play – exciting premiership action every time
- Go for an authentic Italian ice cream experience at the Gelato Village.
- Try out some water sports at Stoney Cove or Rutland Water.
Fabulous for food lovers
Now this is a must. Canteen Leicester, our monthly street food market never fails to impress – and, despite only taking place once a month, it’s always well worth the wait. Take a wander round the many different stalls you’ll find here and enjoys smells, tastes and flavours from almost everywhere in the world – it’s simply divine!
Travel in style, stress free
When you have a romantic date on the cards, make sure the journey is as stress free as possible and perhaps allow yourself to safely enjoy a drink or two while you’re there.
We offer a professional, comfortable and reliable taxis Leicester service, so why not get in touch today to book yours?