Are you travelling in and around the north of Leicester and are looking for a Syston taxi that can take you the places you need to go?
Sometimes, finding the best things do do in Leicestershire at the weekend doesn’t always have to mean hitting the city centre. In addition to the oodles of great things to see and do in Leicester itself, many of the towns which surround the city have a huge amount of activities to throw yourself into as well. So why not book a taxi to get you there in style and enjoy!
What’s going on in Syston?
Syston, for example, is a massive commuter town for those working in Leicester and as a result, has a large choice of local restaurants and local pubs to make the most of.
It is also a town steeped in history, having been a settlement for over 1000 years and notably famous for the Roman road – the Fosse Way – which passes through it.
The Barkby Brook passes through Syston too, making for some lovely picturesque walks, outdoor pursuits and rambles in the area (of course, stopping by one of the may local pubs enroute to make the experience all the more enjoyable).
There are a fair few famous people who have called Syston home too, including former Hollyoaks star Terri Dwyer and test cricketer Megan Lowe, who were both born in the town. In addition, it holds the headquarters for the nationally loved Pukka Pies, which is one of the major local employers.
Great places to eat in Syston
So, back to the places you may want to visit on a night out in Syston, let’s start with some of the local restaurants. Check out the following places to eat in Syston:
- Mangal Turkish Restaurant – great place to try authentic Turkish cuisine, such as mixed meze and shish kebabs, free tea and Turkish delight in pleasant and friendly surroundings.
- Fox and Hounds pub – Friendly, family run pub with good selection of beers and delicious home cooked food.
- Alloro – A modern quirky Italian restaurant serving a range of high quality food and wine which includes all the favourite authentic Italian dishes.
- Taraj Palace – excellent local Indian restaurant with a large menu to select from and a warm welcome on arrival.
- Massimo’s – family run authentic Italian street food venue offering a selection of pasta, pizza, ciabatta, salads and desserts all freshly made on the premises by Italian chef Massimo.
- Spice of India – boasts smart decor and a long, classic Indian menu, plus regional dishes and takeaway option.
Check out the local pubs too!
In addition to the great restaurants which make for a fabulous night out in Syston, check out The Gate Hangs Well pub on the Fosse Way, which has two bars by river, with a garden and a secret beer garden, plus a play area and a restaurant.
Then there are tons of other local village pubs to try, such as the Dog and Gun on Chapel Street, the newly refurbished Grosvenor on Melton Road and the excellent Queen Victoria Gastropub.
If you’re looking to go further afield for other things, such as a trip to nearby Flip Out with the kids, or the Leicester Outdoor Pursuits Centre, getting a taxi there is an excellent option which removes the added stress of driving or waiting for public transport.
Book a Leicester taxi with Kirby Taxis today by getting in touch with us to find out more.