Often, when the city centres are bursting at the seams with shoppers, people head a bit further out of town to get what they need from the retail parks that are dotted around the county.
With the plethora of cafes and bars that pop up in these areas too, there’s every reason to make the most of it by turning the occasion into a truly enjoyable trip.
If you’d like the chance to have a festive tipple while you’re out, or the thought of battling to find a decent parking space sends you cold, then why not find a local Leicester taxi company to get you where you need to go?
One example of a great out of town retail experience is the Thurmaston Shopping Centre, just north of the city limits. We’ve found that, especially at this time of year, our customers discover that a shopping trip is made much more pleasurable when they take away the stress of driving there and back.
Places to shop
When you need a Thurmaston taxi and are heading to the Thurmaston Shopping Centre, here is a list of some of the places to shop while you’re there:
- Dunelm – a good location for finding inspiration for your new house, buying curtains, towels and pretty much any home furnishings you can think of!
- Boots – the popular and much loved chemist where you can get almost anything you need, from Christmas gifts, to baby food, toiletries and prescriptions.
- Poundland – great for anyone who loves a good bargain, especially when looking to grab some last minute stocking fillers at this time of year.
- Asda – a superstore large enough to complete your food and drink shop for the whole festive season.
- TK Maxx – clothing for men, women and children of all ages and fabulous for a designer label/ high end bargain.
- Outfit – the very best of your favourite high street stores all under one roof, including Burton, Dorothy Perkins, Miss Selfridge, Warehouse, Evans and Top Shop.
- Next – massively popular store which offers a huge range of high street clothing, household appliances, accessories and even flower delivery.
- Claire’s Accessories – a mecca for the teenager in you and a great place to pick up sparkly jewellery and colourful hair accessories to delight any young people in your life.
- Marks and Spencer Simply Food – for anyone looking for a foodie treat for dinner or to pick up a spot of lunch on the hop.
- Carphone Warehouse & O2 – two great locations to check out if you’re interested in getting a new phone
- Sports Direct – the place to go if you or your loved ones enjoy playing sport, as this offers a whole range of clothing, footwear and accessories for a ton of sporting activities.
Places to eat/have a drink
When the shopping is all done, or you fancy a break in between, why not put your feet up and relax at one of the following places to eat or drink at the Thurmaston Shopping Centre?
- Pizza Hut
And, a little further afield, there are two of our favourite restaurants – Tandoori Nights and Syston Farmhouse Pizzas.
Our friendly, reliable, professional and comfortable service means you’ll never be left out in the cold.