Leicester City was always great, but, since the turn of the century, it seems to have grown bigger and better than ever before!
So many new developments and attractions have popped up in the last 20 years to make the county really stand out as the go to destination for people of all ages.
As a Leicester taxi firm, we get the pleasure of working in and around our historic county every single day, taking passengers safely to all of the great places they’re going to.
So, because we know Leicestershire like the back of our hand, we thought we’d put together our list of the top 7 fun things to do in Leicester, based upon what our customers seem to enjoy doing most.
While we’re safeguarding passengers with our professional and reliable Leicester taxi service, here are a few of the places we regularly visit:
- National Space Centre – this national treasure opened its doors to the public in 2001 and offers a jaw dropping experience for anyone interested in space and the universe. A brilliant destination for adults and children alike.
- Leicester Tigers – we are so proud of our rugby team here in Leicester. The world famous Tigers have graced the top tiers of the Aviva Premiership for many a year and going to watch them is always exciting.
- Leicester City Football Club – Of course, we couldn’t mention the Tigers without the Foxes. This time it’s our Premiership football team which attracts a massive following and match day celebrations around the King Power Stadium are a wonder to behold.
- The Phoenix Independent Cinema, Art Centre and Café Bar – With two modern cinema screens they show everything, from micro-budget independent films to the latest Hollywood blockbusters, but that’s not all. The venue regularly features work by local and international artists and holds a really cool series of festivals and events.
- De Montfort Hall – this iconic entertainment venue has been going strong for over 100 years and it’s only a short walk from the heart of the city centre. De Montfort Hall always has some awesome events and performances going on which are guaranteed to offer something special for people of all ages and tastes.
- New Walk Museum and Art Gallery – Two words. Dinosaur skeletons! Such a cool place to explore for children and a great attraction for adults too! It’s an educational experience that is bags of fun, so, definitely worth a look if you’re heading into the city centre.
- Bradgate Park – there are some fabulous parks in and around Leicester which make for some great days out. Two of the best city centre ones are Victoria Park and Abbey Park and they’re perfect, whether you’re looking for a bit of exercise or a nice picnic on a sunny day. But we think the best by far is Bradgate Park.
It’s a little further out from the city centre – only a couple of miles away to the North West of the county – and it’s a great place for people of all ages. Check out the historic ruins of Bradgate House and climb up to Old John – a famous landmark which offers panoramic views of the whole county on a nice day.
So, have we tempted you into visiting any of these fabulously fun destinations? If so, why not book a taxi in advance and travel there in style?